Thursday, February 17, 2011

Daily Image 2/17/11


1. What do you see? Describe what is happening.
I see a woman sitting at a table with a cookie in her hand, and a newspaper and a pen in her other hand. And her coffee spilled all over it, and she seems surprised. And he spilled coffee made the shape of a map of the world.

2. What Colors, Shapes, and Lines?
I see brown, tan, white, black, and red.
I see circles, squares, and triangles.
I see many straight, diagonal lines.

3. Write down 5 expressive words that relate to the image.
Surprised, Startled, Disturbed, Shocked, Abatract.

4. Interpret the photograph. What is the meaning of this image?
I think the lady was reading the newspaper and maybe doing a crossword puzzle, eating her cookie and then she accidentally knocked her coffee over and by the way her hands look, she might have been shocked that the spilt coffee took the form of the world map.

5. Explain how this image uses one of the Rules of Composition.
The Rule of Thirds: The horizon line in the image is hard to see. The newspaper and the lady's hand is in the money spots.
Simplicity: The table makes the background clear and uncomplicated. My eye tends to travel to the newspaper when I look at the image.

Actual and Implied Lines: The sides of the table and the sides of the newspaper make implied diagonal lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment